Tuesday, December 3, 2013

My First Time

Well, I suppose it had to happen eventually. It's surprising that it took this long, really. I'm not usually a late bloomer, but I had gone so long without really thinking about it that by the time I actually did start to consider the possibility it seemed... daunting. What would others think? Would it be embarrassing? How would I explain it to my parents?

People had been telling me to get on with it for years. And to them it probably seemed like no big deal, but to me it seemed awkward, impossible, and even a little foolish. "Why would I want to bother wasting all my time doing something I don't even know if I like?" I thought. "Why can't I just keep doing what I'm doing?", "What if, somehow, I do it wrong and everybody laughs at me?" "Am I out of bourbon and rum!?" Thoughts that were both valid and a means to prevent me from having to answer any of the questions by finding out.

So, here I sit, having finally done it. It was the inspiration of many people like me, late bloomers and new comers, who finally motivated me to do what I had, if ever so slightly, dreaded. I created a blog.

A place for dick jokes, irritable rants, discussion of whatever happens to suit me, and vaguely sexual innuendo that will, in all likelihood, not be all that vague.

I will likely start out by transferring some of my posts from Facebook that people said belong on a blog and then going from there. If I feel like it. After all, its a big world out there and blah blah blah, I like naps.  See you later!

1 comment:

  1. Tadaaah! I haven't gotten thru them all yet, but I hope you put the B.A.M.B.I. one up.

    ReplyDelete