Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Ball Jokes

I am technically an adult. I work a multitude of jobs in industries where my knowledge and experience are quite literally the difference between l life and death. I own a car, pay rent, vote, know how to cook, have found someone I want to spent my life with, and have purchased art. I'm a combat vet, licensed occupational hearing conservation technician, and have used a Dremel successfully without injuring myself (yet). I can shoot straight, drive sideways (on purpose), and pack 2 weeks of travel items in a carry on. I've fixed cars, cardiac arrests, and cracked tea pots. I can write papers on American political inequality for women, draw a fire plan sketch, and fold a paper airplane like a boss. I own a suit, cuff links, and a few basic power tools and I know how to appropriately use all of them. I'm an adult with a life plan, a responsible mature individual who can deal with a great many situations with sensitivity and rational understanding.

Yet, none of these things will EVER prevent me from making a perfectly timed testicle joke, in class, when the chemistry professor is demonstrating molecular bonds using stick and ball models.

No comments:

Post a Comment